This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your booking or purchase requirements. It also outlines the security measures we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things that we will not do.
When you place an order or book a hotel or tour, we collect your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Use of information
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
• to advise you of any changes or problems with your hotel/tour booking
• to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer
• to help detect fraud or loss
• to advise you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway
• to write to you (including electronic mail) or to telephone you (including SMS) with information about our services or products or offers from the hotels/tours participating in the kaleidoskope magazine, guides or website.
To change the personal details we hold about you, visit your profile, or write to us at the address at the bottom of this page.
Disclosure of information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to other companies without your prior consent. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. These allow us to store your account information and provide features to make browsing and booking hotels on our website easier. Most browsers allow the cookie function to be turned off. If you want to know how to do this look at the help menu on your browser.
Protection of information
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures, for example encrypting data on our websites and in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption is always used to protect your purchase information while in transit.
- Stored credit card information is always encrypted and maintained in an environment that has been certified as PCI DSS compliant by a qualified security assessor.
- Kaleidoskope website are constantly scanned and validated to verify application and network security.
- All internal security standards, policies and practices are frequently reviewed and improved based on the current industry security practices.
If you communicate with us via the internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
Kaleidoskope Media, LLC 855 El Camino Real, Suite 13A #325. Palo Alto, California. 94301
We may amend this policy from time to time, in which case the amended version will be published on our website. This policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
This website may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely as a convenience for you. Kaleidoskope is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.
When someone visits kaleidoskopetravel.com, we collect standard internet log information and user behaviour details to help us determine the number of people visiting various parts of the site. This data does not personally identify any site users.
Cookies are also set when you use any of the social media sharing buttons on our site (to post on Facebook, for example); Kaleidoskope has no control over the cookie policies of third-party social media sites.
We use Google Adsense to serve adverts across our sites and have no direct control of the cookies it sets. You can read all about Google’s advertising cookies here.
Your web browser allows you to control which cookies your computer will and won’t accept – use the Help menu in your browser window to find out more.
If you continue to use kaleidoskopetravel.com, we’ll assume you’re happy with the cookies that we set.