Kaleidoskope Media, LLC reserves the right to modify these terms of service at its discretion.
By establishing membership on the Kaleidoskope Site, or purchasing or using products or services through the Kaleidoskope Site, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
- GENERAL These Terms of Service have been executed and delivered by you and constitute a valid and binding agreement between you and Kaleidoskope, enforceable against you in accordance with their terms. You represent that you are (1) at least 18 years of age, (2) of legal age to form a binding contract, and (3) not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States, Europe or other applicable jurisdiction. You shall establish and use your membership on the Kaleidoskope Site, and purchase and use the products and services available through the Kaleidoskope Site, in strict compliance with these Terms of Service and all applicable laws, rules and regulations (collectively, “Laws”). All calls, emails and other communications between you and Kaleidoskope Media, LLC may be recorded.
Advertising & Offers to enhance your Travel Experiences & Opportunities:All products featured on Kaleidoskope travel are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links , we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases that we choose for our customers.
We may use other companies under agreements with us to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Services. These companies may collect and use “click stream” information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Services and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.• In order to serve offers and advertisements that may be of interest to our users, we may display targeted advertisements on the Services, or other digital properties or applications in conjunction with our content, based on information provided to us by our users and information provided to us by third parties that they have independently collected. We do not provide Personal Data to our advertisers when you interact with an advertisement.
Advertisers & Third Parties• Some of the third party services providers and/or advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You can opt-out of our use of your Web site viewing behaviour data to serve you interest-based advertising on third-party sites and email newsletters here http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Access to our site via mobile or other devices: For more information, visit http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while online or on your device.
- PRIVACY NOTICE A copy of the Privacy Notice that applies to the collection, use, disclosure and other processing of personal information by Kaleidoskope and its partners located at [https://kaleidoskopetravel.com/privacy-policy]. You consent to any personal information we may obtain about you (either via the Kaleidoskope Site, by email, telephone or any other means) being collected, stored and otherwise processed in accordance with the terms of the Privacy Notice. Kaleidoskope may update its Privacy Notice from time to time in its sole discretion, and post an updated version of the notice at the website address provided above.
- KALEIDOSKOPE MEMBERSHIP – This begins with an email sign up. This is free of charge. A benefit of $25.00 value is offered with a specific booking subject to the terms of each booking.
- Once you book a hotel in the Kaleidoskope Portfolio of hotels (*via our partners) a first tier of membership occurs with a hotel/resort booking and terms and conditions apply with our partners determining the specifications of that membership at their sole discretion.
- You may establish a membership on the Kaleidoksope Site for free by entering your name and email address and this enrollment will enable your access to specials and offers we negotiate with our partners. At a minimum, enrollment requires you to (1) indicate agreement to these Terms and Conditions (2) provide contact information and identification details, and (3) submit any other form of authentication required as part of the enrollment process. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and for restricting access to your account. We encourage you to review our Information Security Policy for information about some of the measures you may take to help protect your account, but we cannot guarantee that implementing such measures will ensure the security of the account or your information.
- Use of Membership
You shall not use Kaleidoskope membership for any purpose competitive to Kaleidoskope or its affiliates. You will notify Kaleidoskope immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your Kaleidoskope membership or the Kaleidoskope Sites known to you, whether by you or a third party. Our Vendor Memberships are subject to their terms and conditions which we are bound by contract to enforce on their behalf. Kaleidoskope Unique Membership is constituted first by email sign up for free. Each membership shall be unique. You may not combine your membership booking with another person’s booking to create one reservation. Membership Termination
- ORDER PROCESSING by Kaleidoskope may, in its sole discretion, choose to not process or to cancel your reservation in certain circumstances. This may occur, for example, when the booking you wish to reserve is no longer available or has been mispriced, we suspect the reservation request is fraudulent, or in other circumstances Kaleidoskope deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Kaleidoskope also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take steps to verify your identity to process your reservation. Kaleidoskope will either not charge you or refund the Charges (as the term is defined in Section 14 of these Terms and Conditions) for reservations that we do not process or cancel. OUR ORDERS ARE PROCESSED THROUGH OUR PARTNERS and their own TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY. WE WILL INFORM YOU OF THOSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UPON YOUR BOOKING REQUEST through our website. WE WILL ALSO PROVIDE YOU with RESERVATION INFORMATION and if there is more than the standard time allowed for order processing,
- Standard Travel CONSULTING FEES will be charged to handle your order at a percentage rate over and above our hotel commissions provided by our partners should you request CONCIERGE SERVICES. Our standard method of services is to RESEARCH and PROVIDE LINKS to booking platforms that allow customers to SELF-BOOK their own reservations in accordance with our partners. TRAVEL ITINERARY is charged at an hourly rate of $50.00 per hour for clients requesting this service to organize their hotels and travel itinerary. We allow for recommendations to local vendors for ground transportation or waterways transportation that is subject to their own terms and conditions. We do not book direct transportation services.
- PRODUCT AND SERVICE AVAILABILITY In rare cases, a hotel, trip or event may be available when a customer places the order, but becomes unavailable prior to check-in. If this should occur, your sole remedy shall be to contact Kaleidoskope to make alternative arrangements or to cancel your reservation and we will manage this issues via our partners at SLH.com as appointed agent.
- PRODUCT AND SERVICE DESCRIPTIONS : Kaleidoskope attempts to provide accurate descriptions of products and services on the Kaleidoskope Site. Certain products and services available on the Kaleidoskope Site may be designated “Kaleidoskope Verified.” Kaleidoskope does not warrant, however, that the descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
- SPECIAL REQUESTS If you have any special requests in connection with your Kaleidoskope itinerary, you must submit them on the Kaleidoskope Site at the time you book your reservation. We will pass along any requests we deem reasonable to the relevant service providers. We cannot guarantee, however, that the service providers will fulfill such requests, as such services or amenities may not be available. Kaleidoskope is not liable for any failure to fulfill a special request, and no cancellation due to any special request not being met shall be allowed. Kaleidoskope does not accept booking requests conditioned or contingent on the fulfillment of a special request. We will deem any such booking a “regular” booking with the special request handled as specified in this Section 8. Bookings are facilitated by booking links to collect fees and subject to terms and conditions of our partners. We are happy to send you accompanying itinerary by request subject to fees for our time.
- PRICING INFORMATION Kaleidoskope pre-negotiates certain rates with SOME service providers to facilitate the booking of reservations on your behalf. Kaleidoskope retains service fees as compensation for facilitating reservations which vary according to the amount and type of reservation booked through the Kaleidoskope website using our partners and vendors own digital platforms. The rates displayed on the Kaleidkskope Site reflect Kaleidkskope’s pre-negotiated rates, which include the fees retained by Kaleidkskope.
Kaleidoskope strives to provide accurate pricing information regarding the products and services available on the Kaleidksope Site We cannot, however, insure against pricing errors or pricing changes. Kaleidoskope reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to not process or cancel any bookings placed for a product or service whose price was (1) incorrectly provided as a result of an error, or (2) changed by the service provider. If this occurs, Kaleidoskope will notify you by email and correct the pricing on the Kaleidoskope Site.
- PRICING BY PARTNERS WHO WE ADVERTISE FOR is at the sole discretion of the partners whom we engage with as travel curators. CLUB MEMBERSHIPS can alter the booking amenities, pricing and perks as per each outside vendor who offers them. PRICING is set by our VENDORS and not by us.
NOTE: If additional charges apply to your booking (including but not limited to the addition of an extra traveler, resort fees or other taxes or incidentals), which charges you do not pay at the time of checkout on the PARTNER SITE BOOKING LINK you will be responsible for paying these charges directly to the service provider. Kaleidoskope does not guarantee that it offers best available rates for products and services available on the Kaleidoskope Site and that of our partners who will fully display all charges, fees, taxes and other charges you are responsible for. We make our best efforts to research and provide you with the best available prices according to the season and location as specified by our vendors. We will try to negotiate better rates for you where possible in order to close your reservation with our vendors.
- CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES TO RESERVATIONS Cancellations and changes to reservations made through one of our offer sales are only permitted via our partners who guarantee your reservations . With respect to other services and reservations available on the Kaleidoskope Site, the rules and restrictions regarding your reservation, as described on the relevant site at the time you make the reservation, will specify whether you may be able to cancel or change your reservation. If a change to or cancelation of your reservation is permitted, you may be charged a cancellation or change fee. You agree to pay any cancellation or change fees that you incur. To the extent you are eligible to cancel or change your reservation, such cancelation is subject to the property’s or tour agent cancelation policy noted in your booking confirmation or otherwise provided to you. To the extent any credit or refund is due, such amount will be refunded to you in the original form of payment (i.e., either Kaleidoskope credit or credited back to the payment card which we originally charged for your booking). All refunds will be paid in the currency in which you originally paid for the booking, as specified by our partners at SLH.com.
You may not sell, auction, barter or transfer your reservation to a third party.
- SERVICE PROVIDER RULES AND RESTRICTIONS Service providers may impose additional rules and restrictions on products and services available through the Kaleidoskope Site. Please read these additional terms and conditions carefully. By purchasing products and services through Kaleidoskope you agree to abide by such additional rules and restrictions, such as the payment of all amounts when due and compliance with the service provider’s rules and restrictions regarding availability, minimum age, maximum occupancy, pet policies, child policies and use of fares, products or services. You agree that any violation of any such service provider’s rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation, in being denied access to the applicable travel products or services, in forfeiting any Charges (defined below) paid for such reservation, and in being charged by Jetsetter for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
- TAXES AND FEES The sales or other taxes charged in connection with your booking depend on the location of the event, property or service provider, any rules governing those service providers, or other requirements. Service providers may also charge service fees. You will be able to view the taxes and additional service fees included in a booking before confirming the booking.
- INCIDENTALS Kaleidoskope/SLH bookings do not include any incidental charges, expenses or services, except as specifically described in your itinerary. You are liable for any such incidental charges, expenses or services that you incur or consume during your trip.
- PAYMENT ALL RESERVATIONS BOOKED THROUGH KALEIDOSKOPE WEBSITE REQUESTS MUST BE PREPAID IN FULL. YOU AGREE TO PAY TO our PARTNERS SPECIFIED ALL COSTS, EXPENSES AND OTHER CHARGES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR RESERVATION (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CHARGES”). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CHARGES WILL BE BILLED TO YOUR PAYMENT CARD, OR THAT YOU WILL PAY THE CHARGES USING ANOTHER PAYMENT METHOD APPROVED BY SMALL HOTELS OF THE WORLD (slh.com) the partners.
- INSURANCE GIVEN THE NATURE OF TRAVEL SERVICES, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU OBTAIN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE COVER FOR MEDICAL EXPENSES, PERSONAL ACCIDENT, LOSS OF BAGGAGE AND CURTAILMENT OR CANCELLATION OF YOUR TRIP. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUCH INSURANCE IS NOT INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE ON KALEIDOSKOPE.
- REFERRAL CREDIT PROGRAM On certain of its Sites, Kaleidoskope may offer members the ability to earn credits toward future purchases on the Kaleidoskope Site when they participate in certain referral and marketing promotions (“Referrals”). By inviting a friend to become a member of Kaleidoskope, you represent that your friend has consented to being contacted by Kaleidoskope. Kaleidoskope will tell your friend that you have provided his or her email address to us for purposes of this contact.
You may only earn credits via Kaleidoskope’s authorized channels. Referrals outside of Kaleidoskope authorized channels will not result in any Referral credit. You understand that Referral credit is not transferable, may not be auctioned, bartered or sold, may not be pooled with other members, and expires based on the terms of the specific Referral program. You will receive credit only if the friend you invite becomes a Kaleidoskope member and books a trip or hotel through the Kaleidoskope Site. If your friend does not follow the directions in an invite email, or if Kaleidoskope determines that a Referral is not valid, you may not receive credit, or such credit may be removed from your account, and Kaleidoskope will have no liability to you for your friend’s failure to follow directions. You agree that having multiple Kaleidoskope accounts is a violation of these Terms and Conditions and that sending invites to alternate email addresses or accounts or otherwise attempting to circumvent Kaleidoskope’s Referral program system may, without limiting any other Kaleidoskope rights or remedies, result in forfeiture of your membership and all Referral credits in your account. Kaleidoskope reserves the right to void Referrals and credits earned if we suspect that the Referrals or credits were earned in a fraudulent manner, in a manner that violates these Terms and Conditions or in a manner otherwise not intended by Kaleidoskope. You must not conduct your own promotion in connection with our Referral credit program. You may not engage in any promotional, marketing, or other advertising activities on behalf of Kaleidoskope, including by using any trademarks of Kaleidoskope.
Credits will appear in your account within approximately 24 hours of the qualifying event. Credits earned via Jetsetter may only be used on the Kaleidoskope Site and may not be used toward the purchase of a Gift Card. Referral credits generally expire after one year, unless otherwise notified by Kaleidoskope. Referral credits may be subject to certain sale restrictions or exclusions. Our Referral credit programs are void where prohibited by law. Kaleidoskope reserves the right to terminate the Referral credit program at any time, and any credits accrued at that point will expire 60 days after we provide notice of the termination of the program. Should there be any tax liability for the accumulation and/or use of credits, such taxes are the sole responsibility of the participant. You understand that the statistics that Kaleidoskope may choose to display may not be real-time or accurately reflect the credits you have actually earned. Kaleidoskope will have no liability for any errors displayed in those statistics.
- GIFT CARDS Terms regarding Gift Cards may be viewed by clicking [https://kaleidoskopetravel.com/gift-card-terms]. If you need assistance with respect to a Gift Card, please email Customer Service at email@example.com
- SEVERABILITY If any provision of these Terms of Service enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, and such provision shall be deemed to be restated to reflect the parties’ original intentions as nearly as possible in accordance with applicable laws.
- MODIFICATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE You acknowledge and agree that Kaleidoskope may, in its sole discretion, modify, add or remove any portion of these Terms of Service at any time and in any manner, including the terms of Jetsetter membership, by posting revised Terms of Service on the Site. You may not amend or modify these Terms of Service under any circumstances. The current version of these. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any changes we make to the Terms of Service. Your continued use of this Site after any changes to the Terms of Service means you accept the changes.
Links To Third Party Websites. Our Websites contains links to Websites operated by parties other than the Company. Those links are provided to you for your reference and convenience only. These third-party Websites and advertisers, or internet advertising companies working on their behalf, sometimes use technology to send or serve the advertisements that appear on our Websites directly to your browser. We do not own or control the content of those Websites and are not responsible for their content or your use of them. We do not endorse the content of any of those Websites.
- EFFECT OF TERMINATION/SURVIVAL OF SELECTED PROVISIONS Notwithstanding the expiration or earlier termination of your Kaleidoskope membership, or any general legal principles to the contrary, any provision of these Terms of Service that impose or contemplate continuing obligations or rights of a party will survive expiration or termination of these Terms of Service. All activities on the site are governed by the laws of the state of California, where Kaleidoskope Media, LLC. is operating.
- EFFECTIVE DATE January 1, 2020.